A decade of resources data!
The Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy has developed a new interactive tool based on a decade of data.
The interactive visualisation captures the extent of the state’s land, water and vegetation, key mineral and energy resources in charts and figures.
Use the tool to explore topical themes in resource management, filter facts and figures by region or resource, and customise graphs or tables.
Data is available at the state level or broken down by local government area. They include:
- Water resources: Total identified water resources, unallocated reserves, bulk water supply schemes, water trading and water use
- Energy resources: Total identified resources and reserves, prospective resources, production volumes, exploration, exports, royalties and electricity generation for renewables, petroleum and gas and thermal coal
- Geological resources: Total identified resources, production volumes, operating mines, exploration, exports and royalties for major minerals such as bauxite, cobalt, copper, gold, ilmenite, rutile, lead, metallurgical coal, nickel, quarries and extractives, silver, zinc and zircon
- Land resources: Arable land, state land, Indigenous land and native title, protected areas, land use and agricultural production
- Vegetation resources: Total vegetation resources, native forestry resources, remnant vegetation, clearing and vegetation management
Click here to explore open data from the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy on the open data portal.
In addition to the raw data available on the open data portal, a range of publications, maps and online services are available. These include:
- Queensland Globe - Queensland maps, imagery and other specialist data
- Queensland Spatial Catalogue - geographic datasets, databases, models, map images and map services
- MinesOnlineMaps - geological, exploration and mining data
- QDEX Reports - exploration reports including exploration permits, mineral development licenses and petroleum tenure
- QDEX Data - large spatial datasets
- Water monitoring information portal - hydrographic data including the latest stream height and stream flow values, groundwater levels, historic stream flow data and water monitoring network sites.